We are the future of Europe, and so we must make our voices heard! The Maastricht Student Council, DEMOS, BridgeEurope Maastricht and the Young European Federalists Maastricht have prepared an interactive afternoon with debate and workshops about the European elections. A perfect opportunity to engage in discussion with candidates of the European Parliament and fellow students about what we, the new generation of Europeans, want our future to be like. Join us on April 12th!
More names will be added to the list soon, but the following candidates will be debating about topics such as education, climate change and digital transition:
- Arndt Kohn (S&D – Germany)
- Daniel Freund (Greens/EFA candidate – Germany)
- Nilüfer Vogels (Volt candidate, Netherlands)
13:00-13:30: Opening remarks
13:30-14:30: Panel Debate – Candidates for the European Parliament
16:45-17:15: Closing remarks – MaasXEurope team
After the debate, there will be two interactive workshops:
- “Let’s speak about it! Representation in the European Parliament”, organised by BridgeEurope Maastricht
- “We can do politics! (without being politicians): Civic participation in the EU beyond EP elections”, organised by the Young European Federalists Maastricht
Learn, discuss, and formulate questions with your peers on what they think about the future of Europe and the EU. Who will you vote for and why? What are the implications of Brexit? What topics deserve more attention according to you? Which questions would you like to see answered by Europe’s Spitzenkandidaten? With some luck, Europe’s next leaders will answer them during the Maastricht Debate on 29th April....
During the event there will be information about thistimeimvoting.eu.
RSVP quickly to receive a registration link in the confirmation mail!